Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Official.

I sat awkward on the couch
as the girl on the other end of the phone
clickity clacked on her keyboard.

My mind was racing
as I wondered if I had done everything right.

After what seemed to be an eternity
I heard her respond to my question,
the whole reason that I called in the first place.

My divorce was:

final

offical

printed out on paper

recognized by society

accepted by all.

I thanked her and hung up the phone.
Sitting back from my hunched over position.
I couldn't think straight, I couldn't wrap my head out it.

3 months ago I was married.
I was celebrating our 2 years
trying so hard to keep the breaking peices together.
For everyone's sanity.

But I realize now
that there was no sanity in that relationship.

And as I sail away on a boat of

safety and security

leaving him standing on the shore
still causing chaos
breaking everything he touches
ruining the world with each step.
Finding new victims to dig his claws into

Air escapes my lungs and I can feel.
I can smile
Color flushes back into my cheeks.

In that little boat of

safety and security

I finally have no title
not wife
not married
but divorced
and even then I don't let that sink in.

It will possibly takes days or months.
But I finally realize

I am free.
I am divorced

A.A.

1 comment:

  1. You still have one title. Mother. No one can take that away.

    ReplyDelete