Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Feeling good

Today I am not going to write this post in poem style. Because I feel that there is a lot to be said and if I typed it poem style it would have been a hundred pages long. So here it goes. 

The gym.

If there is ANY person out there debating on whether or not they should get a gym pass or do any form of working out, I can honestly say do it! For the past few weeks since he left I made the commitment that I would slowly shape myself into the person that I want to be. 

I committed to a personal trainer at the awesome Four Pillars Gym.

I beg every person skinny, tall, curvy...anything; to commit to working out, I promise you that you will be SO much happier as a member of society. You will start loving yourself in ways you never knew possible, not just physically but emotionally too. 

Working out contributes to your emotional wellness as well as physical.

Even though it was hard at first to find time as a mommy, photographer and friend to go to the gym I made a commitment to find a small piece of my day to go. When I can't go I literally feel panicked because I need my gym fix to help me get through my day. 

Please make time!

People always observe that I am so strong, and I feel part of that is thanks to working out and just letting my self go at the gym. Letting loose all my emotions as I run or lift weights, as I feel that physical pain while I push myself all the emotional pain leaves me. 

You will feel like a SHE-RA or HE-MAN!

I find it so much easier to work out when I have set goals for myself, goals that I cannot achieve unless I am working out. I desperately want to run in the "Dirty Girl Run" not walk...RUN. My whole life I have hated running with a fiery burning passion and I hope that by working out I will be physically able to run.

So in closing I beg all my friends, family, loved ones to get a gym pass and become the healthy, strong and independent person that you all long to be! I know you can do it! :)

Thank you Aunt Liz, Tisha, Merissa and Allison.
For telling me about how wonderful Four Pillars is.
Thank you Bryce for holding me accountable to my work outs.
Thank you Reed for making me realize how much healthier I could be
And thank you John, for training me and pushing me to places I didn't know I could go.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. 

A.A.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful words. I completely agree. There is a balance that needs to be found with all aspects of our lives. When you find that balance you become unstoppable and so powerful. You are doing that, thank you for being so open about your feelings. www.startingat500pounds.com

    ReplyDelete